Senior Engineering Manager
We are the Polish branch of the BOLD family and build the largest career websites in the world with our colleagues from San Francisco, Puerto Rico, and India. BOLD walks with the job seeker through every phase of the job search process. Our award-winning resume and cover letter builders have helped millions of job seekers in more than 180 countries create the application materials they need to succeed.
Bold’s brands have a presence across the globe and Bold is continuing to build its international offerings and serve millions of job seekers.
We’re developing the best online resume builder on earth, and you can read our career advice on some of the most popular outlets, including The Guardian, Forbes, and The Financial Times.
We are constantly growing and because of that, we are looking for A-players to join our team!
What does the Senior Engineering Manager do at Bold PL?
You will lead the entire engineering department, manage a team of engineering managers & leads (Frontend, Web, QA) and cooperate with management, leadership, executive teams in all of BOLD's offices.
We are responsible for delivering code that goes in front of not dozens or thousands but millions of people every month.
We work on a highly scalable architecture with best-in-class tools and technologies.
We are open to new Technology/Architecture suggestions and ready to adapt them where it is possible.
You will be interacting with various departments including Product, BI, Architecture, BigData, and Data Science teams to deliver the code.
You will be responsible for Cloud-Based (Azure) applications with Microservices Architecture.
You will be responsible for delivering highly performant, scalable, and resilient applications.
How do we work?
- Our points of reference are Jira and OKRTs (Objectives, Key Results, Tasks), which we plan every quarter for our team and individually.
- We work in one-week sprints.
- Every 6 months, during the performance review, we discuss the two previous quarters. We have the opportunity to evaluate not only our work but also the work of our leader.
Would you like to learn more about the IT Team? Check out our team's website.
In the Senior Engineering Manager role at BOLD, you will:
- Lead the entire engineering department,
Manage a team of engineering managers & leads,
Drive technical projects and provide leadership,
Be accountable for the overall planning, actioning, and success of technical projects,
Drive OKRs processes for every quarter,
Mentor the team in both soft and technical skills,
Partner with the Head of Product in planning, designing, and delivery of new products & projects,
Partner with the Content/SEO to ensure smooth workflow and delivery of Portal content,
Set up development plans for the team, help team members grow,
Cooperate with management, leadership, executive teams in all offices.
We are looking for someone with:
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science,
- Minimum 7 years of experience,
- 3+ years as a manager, leading at least 2 teams,
- Experience with some form of high-volume web application business (B2B, B2C, or other),
- Strong technical background (React or similar); while this is not a coding role, you should have coded at some point and be able to ‘walk the talk’, read code and architecture, and have a conceptual understanding of all the activities in your portfolio,
- Experience in building teams/hiring people (You have hired and led high-performance engineering teams),
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to extract information relevant to business success from large data sets and complex reports/spreadsheets/tools,
- Demonstrated people management and leadership skills, and a proven track record of mentoring and coaching team members,
- Relationship management (combining the interests of 4 offices, taking into account cultural differences, international cooperation),
- Understanding of Agile methodologies, Scrum & Kanban, experience in utilizing best practices in the software development life cycle,
- Conducting employees' performance reviews, regular 1-on-1 meetings, leading OKRs,
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills,
- Experience with an International, multi-site organization,
- Good English, written & verbal skills.
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience coming with technical solutions to customer acquisition (SEO/SEM/Email) and building products in a B2C web environment,
- Familiarity with the web analytics tracking and reporting ecosystem (GA, GSC, etc),
- Exposure to a BI tool (Microstrategy, Sisense, etc) and product analytics tool (Mixpanel, Amplitude, or similar),
- Exposure to contemporary cloud deployment and infrastructure patterns (Kubernetes, AWS/GCP/Azure, Docker),
- Experience in designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems,
- Service-oriented architecture and API communication (e.g., REST or GraphQL),
- Knowledge of Atlassian (Jira, Bitbucket & Confluence), Bitbucket Pipelines, GSuite, Jira Next-gen projects.
What we can offer you:
Training budget - after completing your trial period, you get access to a budget that you can spend on conferences, books, courses - everything that will allow you to develop further.
Equipment and Internet Program - the company reimburses the Internet expenses and one-time equipment purchase to make your work comfortable when we work remotely (additional to a laptop and necessary accessories we provide all employees with by default).
Flexible working hours - we have no problem if you prefer to work early in the morning or start work at noon - you decide for yourself. We work the way we want to achieve the best results.
Partial Remote Work - we expect you to be in the office on a part-time basis (preferably once a week).
Language lessons - you can sign for English/German/Polish/Spanish/French or Italian classes organized by the company.
Wellness and mental health programs (Yoga classes twice a month and access to Modern Health app that offers individual sessions with psychologist and/or coach).
Private healthcare (Medicover) and Multisport Card.
If you want to be a part of our team let us know by sending your resume using the link below!
By clicking "Apply for this job " you choose to participate in the recruitment process conducted by Bold PL sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw, 00-032, ul. Przeskok 2. To learn more about your personal data processing please click here.